Tip #20: Meal Prep for Success
Ensuring that we are eating healthy meals at every meal, every day can sometimes be challenging and feel pretty overwhelming. Meal prepping and planning can take a lot of the stress out of preparing and planning healthy meals to fill our weeks.
- Prep easy lunches to take to the office/on the go/at home.
- Salads, diced grilled chicken, shredded chicken, taco meat
- Prep your snacks so you aren’t tempted to reach for chips or rummage through the pantry.
- Sliced veggies in clear containers so you can easily see them, mixed berries, apples, tangerines, rice cakes with almond butter, almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc.
- Simple breakfasts that are quick and easy BUT healthy.
- Egg muffins, hard boiled eggs, steel cut oats (a great Instant Pot recipe here), greek yogurt with fruit and nuts, smoothie
- Use a Home Meal Service if you can afford it.
- Dinner Prep Ideas:
- Choose recipes that allow for leftovers so you get two meals out of one prep. Here are two of my favorite go-to leftovers recipes: Sheet Pan Fajitas and Taco Casserole.
- If you want more help on how to making a weekly dinner plan that fits your busy schedule, see our article How to Make Healthy Dinners Happen In a Busy Week.