This recipe was created for last year’s Thanksgiving. It combines two vegetables I love roasted with the flavor of candied pecans. Delicious sweet and savory for this side dish. It is simple and easy to make.
Share below your favorite roasted vegetables or Thanksgiving sides.
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts, halved
- Avocado or olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp of butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup of pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Place sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts on baking sheet and drizzle with avocado or olive oil.
- Spread vegetables out evenly.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, then toss.
- Roasted for another 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pecans. Warm over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour pecan mixture over sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.