This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Occasionally new recipes develop unplanned. That is the case with this quick sheet pan dinner.
I originally planned a dinner with a more lengthy preparation including shrimp and asparagus with risotto. We had a schedule change in the week and I no longer had the extra time needed to stand and stir arborio rice into the creamy side dish of risotto.
I’ve roasted shrimp before and it doesn’t take long to cook. The bunch of asparagus I had were thin and would roast in about the same time as the shrimp. So I decided to roast them together for an easy dinner.
Here are a couple of other sheet pan dinners I love:
Do you have any sheet pan dinners you enjoy? If so, share with me.
To your best health and wellness,
Roasted Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Sheet Pan
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1lb uncooked shrimp, tail and shell removed, deveined
- 1lb asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Arrange the asparagus along one side of the baking sheet. Drizzle with about a Tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat. (Note: If you have thicker asparagus spears, you may need to roast them for 5 minutes by themselves, then add the shrimp.)
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together 2 Tbsps of olive oil, the minced garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, if using. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Spread shrimp on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and the asparagus is tender.
- Drizzle shrimp with lemon juice before serving.