If you like Chinese takeout, then you will like this healthy alternative. Tasty tofu that is full of flavor!
Tofu Green Bean Stir Fry
- 4 cups green beans trimmed
- 14 oz organic firm or extra tofu in water drained, pressed (for at least 15 mins), and cut into cubes
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 TB tamari or soy sauce if not gluten-free
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 TB cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Steam green beans for 8-10 minutes, depending on how crisp you like them.
- Meanwhile, add oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat and cook tofu on one side for 5 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking, mix sauce ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Flip tofu and cook for another 3-5 minutes until crispy.
- Add sauce to the tofu and stir continuously until it is thickened.
- Turn off heat, add cooked green beans, and stir until incorporated.
- Serve with some brown rice and enjoy!